Page layouts

Topics: General
Jul 18, 2007 at 7:31 PM
Hi,
Is it possible to use more complex layouts apart from the 1,2,3 column css layouts precscribed?
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2007 at 12:30 AM
Sure!!! The layout is driven by CSS with Div's. So you can change the CSS.

Also, The top menu, main menu, left menu, the contents, footer etc... all are individual web user controls. you can render them differently if you wish. You can even remove them:)

Let me know if you need any help in creating complex layout!!!!
Aug 24, 2007 at 11:36 PM
ok..take a look at this layout..
can i achieve this with jmdcms?

can i upload pictures too?
any picture gallery module?
Coordinator
Aug 25, 2007 at 1:49 PM
Please provide the information about the layout ? You wrote take a look at this layout, but did not mention any reference.

Yes you can upload pictures in JMDCMS. JMDCMS does not have picture gallery yet.

femig wrote:

Aug 27, 2007 at 12:58 PM
apologies..i guess i forgot to add it.. http://www.taviatech.com.ng/new_fcmb/

i have some other questions..
1) how easy is it for me to add my own user controls?
2) are the menus driven by sitemap config files?

femig wrote:

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2007 at 2:04 PM
Edited Aug 27, 2007 at 2:26 PM
Femig,

I have checked your website, This layout can be very easily made using JMDCMS. To make your life easier, I will design the layout for you and create a demo site at: http://femig.jmdcms.com/Default.aspx

Creation of your own user controls are no different than creating any asp.net web user controls.
1. You need to create a web user control.
2. Register that user control with JMDCMS database. Take a look at the JMD_SITE_CREATE SQL script to see how exactly it is done.

Thats it ! JMDCMS will handle the rest for you.

To ans your second question: Menus are not driven by sitemap config files. Rather they are dynmically generated based on your site. There are 2 levels of menus.

1. Horizontal Top tab menu i.e. Main Menu : You can create a new page using JMDCMS and mark it as ROOT page.

2. Vertical Menu to navigate thru various pages: You can create child page under any ROOT page using JMDCMS. Child pages are where ROOT page flag is not selected. There is no limit to the nesting of child pages.

In other words, you do not need to maintain or configure anything, JMDCMS handles the navigation for you.

Hope this helps!

Feel free to contact me with any other questions or suggestions.