Best practise

Jul 19, 2007 at 8:40 PM
Hi,

First of all, excellent work. I have seen/tried a lot of CMS but like this one the most. It is easy and gives you the possiblity to create nice looking layouts and integrate external sources/webservices easy. Adding a html editor and it is perfect :-)

However i am wondering

1. How can i copy a site to another database. For example i have a development machine. When i am finished with a project i would then like to copy the website to to production database.

2. what is the way to go to add multi-lingual options. Should i create a new site for each language and then create some custom buttons to redirect the user to the correct language website

Thanks!!
Marcel
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2007 at 4:41 AM
Your Que1: How can i copy a site to another database. For example i have a development machine. When i am finished with a project i would then like to copy the website to to production database.

Ans: You can simply create site ALIAS like this:

Execute JMD_SITE_ALIAS 'myproductionsite.com', 'www.developmentsite.com'

Now both the websites will render the same content.

You can take the backup of the database and restore it on production server.

If backup/restore is not possible and your are hosting the production website with web hosting service provider, then you can connect to your production database remotely using SQL Server enterprise manager and use the import/export function to transfer the data from the development database to the production database.

Your Que 2. what is the way to go to add multi-lingual options. Should i create a new site for each language and then create some custom buttons to redirect the user to the correct language website

Ans: I am in the process of providing support out-of-the box for multi-language support. So its your preference however you want to get the desired result.

About the HTML editor. I had actually provided the support for HTML editor in version 3.0.0.7. But I did not like it, hense removed it temporarily in the latest version. The reason being, the HTML editor reformats my HTML text. They do not show javascripts ADs in the editor viewer, hense have to shuffle between html source and wyswyg mode. Also, from security point of view, I wanted more control by user to upload images etc....

Hense I am in search of good open source WYSWYG editor. You can suggest if you know any. Otherwise I may end up writting my self according to my vision:)

Thanks for your appreciation. Once your website goes live, do provide me the URL and I will put that under the showcase section of JMDCMS:)

Best Regards
admin@jmdcms.com

Jul 26, 2007 at 10:52 AM
Hi,

I see your problem. I have used the tinyMce editor but you have to always switch back and forward and mostly there is a problem with showing the images. I will dig and ask arround, keep you posted.

The website is www.i-provision.com

I am now fully comfortable with the pages and modules. Going to do some layout changes later on, for now i am filling the website with content :-)....

Thanks, marcel
Coordinator
Jul 26, 2007 at 1:32 PM
Great job! I have seen your site, It looks nice:)

I have noticed one thing that you have modified the JMDCMS copyright link, which is a violation of liscence agreement.

Please change powered by jmdcms to a link to JMDCMS.com.

Thanks!

Jul 26, 2007 at 3:46 PM
Hi,

W'll do. i am currently fidling arround with adjusting pages, (re)moving stuff just to see how it affects everything. After this weekend i will develop further local on my laptop and the orgininal jmdcms will me restored. with links to your website etc..
Jul 26, 2007 at 3:52 PM
FYI just set the hyperlink back to the screen
Coordinator
Jul 26, 2007 at 10:35 PM
Good & Thank you!

I have already placed a link to your website here: http://www.jmdcms.com/ShowCase.aspx

All the Best!