Modifying menu, images, colors etc?

Mar 1, 2008 at 9:12 PM
I'm thinking of using JMDCMS for a site I'm working on but have some questions.

Is there a way to modify certain parts of the system, such as how the menu's operate? I'd like to use a 'slideout' type menu so I can pick the 'sub pages' from there.

To modify things such as the colors, banner image etc.. I cant seem to find the options for that. Are they done from the site itself or do I need to modify them directly in the filesystem?

Also, when I open the site in Visual Web Developer 2008 it gives me a warning about pre-compiled website. Is this a problem?
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2008 at 1:52 PM
jtzako,

JMDCMS is module based system. Every module Layout, colour, fonts, position, behaviour is controlled by CSS. You can modify in the CSS the left menu option for example to change the behaviour of vertical menu layout.

If you want to make modification in the source code, then download and open the source code from the releases section. If you try to open the binany which is precompiled project, you will get the warning, and you should not make modifications to the pre-compiled project anyway.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any que you may have.

jtzako wrote:
I'm thinking of using JMDCMS for a site I'm working on but have some questions.

Is there a way to modify certain parts of the system, such as how the menu's operate? I'd like to use a 'slideout' type menu so I can pick the 'sub pages' from there.

To modify things such as the colors, banner image etc.. I cant seem to find the options for that. Are they done from the site itself or do I need to modify them directly in the filesystem?

Also, when I open the site in Visual Web Developer 2008 it gives me a warning about pre-compiled website. Is this a problem?