Error trying to make a new .aspx page w/database access

Mar 19, 2008 at 5:54 PM
Edited Mar 19, 2008 at 9:25 PM
I'm trying to make my own ASPX page that accesses a new set of tables I added to my database.. however, I get an error when trying to load the page which references a JMDCMS page.

I'm not sure what this thing is doing that is causing my page to be unable to load.

Edit: Upon further checking, it appears the site security is doing this. I'd like to know how to add this page to the 'security' so people can access it. Otherwise, I'd like to completely bypass site security when accessing this file.

----------------------------

Column 'MODVIEWROLE' does not belong to table Table.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Column 'MODVIEWROLE' does not belong to table Table.

Source Error:

Line 73:
Line 74: #region SECURITY
Line 75: ModViewRole = dr"MOD_VIEW_ROLE".ToString().Split(new char[] { ';' });
Line 76: ModEditRole = dr"MOD_EDIT_ROLE".ToString().Split(new char[] { ';' });
Line 77: ModDeleteRole = dr"MOD_DELETE_ROLE".ToString().Split(new char[] { ';' });

Source File: e:\docs\ncg\Modules\Core\ModuleContainer.ascx.cs Line: 75

Stack Trace:

ArgumentException: Column 'MOD_VIEW_ROLE' does not belong to table Table.
System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName) +1887619
System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName) +10
ModulesCoreModuleContainer.LoadModules(String URI) in e:\docs\ncg\Modules\Core\ModuleContainer.ascx.cs:75
ModulesCoreModuleContainer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\docs\ncg\Modules\Core\ModuleContainer.ascx.cs:30
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +131
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2008 at 2:29 AM
jtzako,

JMDCMS is driven by webusercontrols. The idea is that you can create any webuser control. Register that control with JMDCMS. Now, you can add the module to any page using JMDCMS control panel and set security. All pages are virtual pages, you do not need to create physical page, JMDCMS handle that for you automatically.

Follow these steps:
1. Create a new webuser control.
2. Open stored procedure JMDSITECREATE, this stored procedure is responsible for creating new site and register the web user controls that by default comes with JMDCMS.
3. JUST note down the process of any one webuser control, by studying the stored procedure.
4. Follow the steps to register your webuser control.
5. Once registered, the webusercontrol will be available in the list of avaible modules like HTML document or Left menu etc....

In case trouble you can contact me for further help!!!!!! if you have any MSN, skype chat you can send me the ID and you can chat with me for further help!!!!

hope this helps!

jtzako wrote:
I'm trying to make my own ASPX page that accesses a new set of tables I added to my database.. however, I get an error when trying to load the page which references a JMDCMS page.

I'm not sure what this thing is doing that is causing my page to be unable to load.

Edit: Upon further checking, it appears the site security is doing this. I'd like to know how to add this page to the 'security' so people can access it. Otherwise, I'd like to completely bypass site security when accessing this file.

----------------------------

Column 'MODVIEWROLE' does not belong to table Table.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Column 'MODVIEWROLE' does not belong to table Table.

Source Error:

Line 73:
Line 74: #region SECURITY
Line 75: ModViewRole = dr"MOD_VIEW_ROLE".ToString().Split(new char[] { ';' });
Line 76: ModEditRole = dr"MOD_EDIT_ROLE".ToString().Split(new char[] { ';' });
Line 77: ModDeleteRole = dr"MOD_DELETE_ROLE".ToString().Split(new char[] { ';' });

Source File: e:\docs\ncg\Modules\Core\ModuleContainer.ascx.cs Line: 75

Stack Trace:

ArgumentException: Column 'MOD_VIEW_ROLE' does not belong to table Table.
System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName) +1887619
System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName) +10
ModulesCoreModuleContainer.LoadModules(String URI) in e:\docs\ncg\Modules\Core\ModuleContainer.ascx.cs:75
ModulesCoreModuleContainer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\docs\ncg\Modules\Core\ModuleContainer.ascx.cs:30
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +34
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:57 AM
Thanks, I've got a web user control working and it shows up in the dropdown list so I can add it to my pages. I didnt use those sql stored procedures though, I just manually added it to the MOD table. In the future I may try and figure out how to do this without manually adding it.